Friday, June 8, 2012

Tequilana!


Today was so windy and harsh it seemed. But I was so determined to get the amazing Agave tequilana plants Annie dug out for me. She thinks I gave her the original plants years back, but I am not sure. Either way I am so grateful for these beauties!
What also went in today are gobs and gobs and gobs of Echiveria secunda from Clyde in the South Bay. He also had some Aloe maculata to give. I graciously accepted and dug out an amount that would  eventually cover my truck bed.
  See?


Again, another 5, 4 gallon buckets of water to start the cuttings and new plantings. It goes fast, but it does wonders this time of year out there. These came of the truck first for the picture above it.

So, as I was leaving, I told myself to slow down a second and look to see what might be putting on a show.

The cacti from Peter (see posting titled: Generosity)  are looking really good.
These are the flowers he told me would be so gorgeous. He's right. These don't yet have roots I suspect either, so they really want to grow- or just must. You know, the nature verses nurture thing.
This is the box he gave to the project...






PS: Happy Birthday Stacy!! (my sister)

No comments:

Post a Comment