Saturday, June 16, 2012

Attenuata!


Today I waited until 6 pm or so to go out and install the mother-load of Agave attenuata collected just yesterday from Nazarius and his Father. The two pictures (above and below this text) are of the same installation of the plants but from different sides. Looks totally different, I know, but it is the same exact plants.Nazarius's Father was tired of walking by the patch and being obstructed, so he wanted them gone! I had the help of Channing and it went quickly and smoothly. His boys showed up to help load and we were on our way. Even though the trip back was rough on them - some got crushed - the ones that didn't cleaned up very well.

Now for the disappointing news to add. Another car drove into the side median. Looks like they figured it out fast as they turned out less than 1/4 the way in. But what gets me is that the Yucca rostrata was directly in the path. I am guessing it will come back from the root, but I am not sure. In habitat they are tough.  The Yucca 'gold ribbons' was also in the direct path and was also topped and smashed. I had thought next year it may flower... I suppose not now.

I cleaned up as best I could, replanted what I could and moved on. I came to plant the Agaves, and so I did.




Here is a sampling of the damage, but somehow, it never looks as bad in the pictures as in person. I am going to nag Mr. Valle-Schwenk from MTA to put in the signs he said he would as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment