Sunday, September 30, 2012

Moby

Today, I was invited to collect several Agaves from Diane in Tiburon. The best one in my opinion, is this guy. An Agave americana variegata. A few years back I dug out my first mature agave. It was in Sacramento and of the same variety as this one. However, I couldn't lift it onto the truck bed by myself. I delivered it to Annie of Pennsylvania Street Gardens and she named it Moby Dick. At that time it was one of the larger plants she had. Today, this one was just the right weight for me to hoist it onto the truck bed. Diane was so generous to donate these agaves, and she was extra nice and gave me a bag of delicious home grown figs!

I wonder how long ago the picture she sent me was taken. The agave were larger, but not too much. All the blue americanas went to Connie and Eileen for their Circular Drive project.

No comments:

Post a Comment